COVID19 - OUR ACTIONS
18 March 2020
Over the last few weeks, we - along with the rest of the world - have witnessed the rapid spread of the Covid-19 virus and the far-reaching effects it will have on our everyday lives.
At Beefcor, we have always taken health, hygiene and food safety seriously, and we will continue to ramp up these efforts to ensure we are doing our part to contain the outbreak.
We want to reassure our customers that you can buy our products with confidence during this time.
In addition to our stringent 60+ point quality control and food safety checks, we will be putting the following measures in place over the coming weeks and months:
- Hand sanitizer is to be used by all staff (including delivery staff), suppliers and customers upon entering and exiting any of our premises and facilities.
- Temperature screening will be done at access gates by security personnel equipped with the necessary safety gear.
- To minimise contact with packaging, our Meat Market will only offer an over-the-counter (cut to order) service for customers during this time.
- A comprehensive screening and risk mitigation protocol will be put in place for all our staff.
- An awareness program for all staff to understand prevention, risks, symptoms, and when to see a medical professional.
- We will continue to have a wash-up and wash-down protocol in place before entering our receiving, deboning, dispatch, and packing stations/areas.
- Cleaners will be trained in disease prevention cleaning methods for all areas of Beefcor sites.
- There will be no air travel for personnel.
- All meetings must take place telephonically or via email.
- We will implement a no-physical-contact policy i.e. no handshaking, elbow tap, etc. Wherever possible, employees must always keep a meter distance between each other.
Thank you for your continued support and co-operation during this time. Let’s all work together to follow the best practices set out by the W.H.O. and our government.
We will continue to update you on any further actions. If you have any queries or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Beefcor Management Team
For up-to-date information on the Corona Virus pandemic in South Africa, visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za